« Home | Losing the Organic Label » | Lester Ferdinand Borchardt (1907 - 2007) » | Say "Hello" to.... » | Williams Sonoma to be sold? » | SFGate is recovering from the Fancy Food Show, too... » | I'm delightful! » | Oh..my..what a weekend! » | I'm off to the Tasty Dog & Pony Show » | Holy Guacamole! » | San Francisco Dreaming » 

Sunday, January 28, 2007 

Gun Toting Granny Don't Want No Do-Si-Doh's

Apparently, some folks don't like this time of year....Girl Scout Cookie season.
Terry Tedder looked forward to helping his 8-year-old daughter sell Girl Scout cookies in their St. Louis neighborhood Tuesday night. He'll never forget their second stop.

Tedder said when he knocked on the door, a man started yelling profanities and told him to go away.

"I said, 'Hey I got my daughter with me,' said Tedder. "I said, 'We're just selling Girl Scout cookies.'"

Tedder said he started walking away when the door opened, revealing an unwelcome surprise.

"It was his mother and she was pointing a double-barreled shotgun at me and she's like, 'I'm going to shoot you so I took off running,'" said Teddler. - WCSH6.com
I'm ordering up some from my local Girl Scout Troop here in Santa Barbara, Tres Condados...and, Girl Scout cookies aren't just for little snacks anymore!

Caramel deLite Girl Scout Cheesecake
by Executive Chef Patrick Becquet of Citronelle for Girl Scouts Tres Condados


Cookie dough for cheesecake:

1 lb butter
10 oz brown sugar
2 eggs
1 box Caramel deLite Girl Scout Cookies
5 oz Almonds, ground
3 oz Hazelnuts, ground
3 oz Pistachios, ground

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add 1 box cookie crumbs and nuts, and mix until just incorporated. Pipe dough into plastic wrap. Roll dough in wrap and hold both ends of wrap and twist each end closed. Freeze dough until ready to use. Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes.

Cheesecake:

1 cup coconut milk
1 lbs cream cheese
2 oz lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
2 sheets gelatine
6 oz sugar
1 box Caramel deLite cookies (for the top)

Mix cream cheese, coconut milk and sugar together until smooth scraping sides frequently. Soften gelatin in cold water. Add cream cheese with lemon juice and mix until well combined.

Labels: , ,

Oh my!!

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS