« Home | Melamine "Spiking" Widespread in China » | Sometimes Deliciousness » | Don't Eat the Fish » | There are Revolutions and Revolutionaries » | Chocolate News...Not All Delicious » | Melt down » | A Taste of Yellow » | We're all just Guinea Pigs » | Montecito Cafe Opening up in Uptown Downtown » | Happy Pale Blue Dot Day » 

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 

Santa Barbara Wine Festival

I''ve been busy working on a special blog for an amazing wine event being held in Santa Barbara on June 30th. The 20th Annual Santa Barbara Wine Festival. The boss and I had some talks about my blogs and blogtopia (y!sctp) in general and when the topic of blogs came up in a meeting...well...guess who nominated who to do what.

I've been blessed to have lived in the central coast wine area a good portion of my life, and although I have a fine appreciation of the grape, there really is so much to learn. At the festival, we have 50 wineries represented and 20 food vendors and searching information on all of them has certain broadened my mind. I hope to broaden my tastebuds, too. I've run into some fun knowledge too...Did you know that artiste winery has paintings done with wine itself? Did you know one winemaker named his winery after his pet pygmy goats?

And through my ventures in blogtopia (y!sctp) I have made the cyber acquaintence of a local blogger who specializes in wine - sbwineguy at Santa Barbara County Wine Notes. He has been tremendously helpful in highlighting some "inside info" on the wineries and I hope that you stop by and take a taste of his delicious spot in the cybervineyards.

So...if you are curious about the wonderful wine country in California (that isn't Napa or Sonoma, thank you very much) please stop on by Santa Barbara Wine Festival Blog. Leave a note. Let me know what you think. And, if you are in California looking for something to do on June 30th...

Pull up a chair. Sip some wine knowledge. and "drink the freakin' merlot."

Labels: , , , , ,

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS