The Gourmet Retailer has some Feb. Promo Ideas!
February is American Heart Month, Bake for Family Fun Month, Fabulous Florida Strawberry Month, National Cherry Month, National Hot Breakfast Month, National Weddings Month, and North Carolina Sweet Potato Month.
1. Celebrate Women's Heart Week by promoting heart-healthy soy and whole-grain products.
2. Groundhog Day. Host a lunchtime BBQ and preview summer merchandise in the hope the groundhog doesn't see his shadow.
3. Move Valentine's Day merchandise to the front of the store.
4. Super Bowl XLI. Promote ready-made gift baskets with beer mugs, dips, spreads and chips.
5. In honor of Bake for Family Fun Month, set up a Kids Baking Corner and invite children to learn cookie and cupcake baking basics.
6. Babe Ruth's Birthday. Honor the baseball legend by selling hot dogs and popcorn, and hand out baseball caps with your store logo.
7. Valentine's Day is just a week away. Host a Chocolate Festival and sample gourmet chocolates from around the world.
8. Celebrate the antioxidant power of cherries for National Cherry Month. Feature all the ingredients, kitchen tools, and cookware products necessary to make cherry pies, tarts and cherry salsas.
9. In your Prepared Foods section, highlight your smoked salmon and cream cheese smears for National Bagels and Lox Day.
10. Check up on your Spring/Easter orders.
11. Satisfied Staying Single Day. Offer special promotions on self-indulgent goodies for content singles.
12. In honor of Honest Abe's Birthday, hold a Penny Sale to help clear out leftover holiday merchandise.
13. Love and romance are in the air. Create a special Lovers' Sharing Menu that's perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
14. Valentine's Day. Be sure to tell that special someone you love them.
15. Celebrate National Hot Breakfast Month with special promotions on waffle makers and all things breakfast.
16. Schedule a staff meeting to plan Spring Merchandise Displays.
17. St. Patty's Day is a month away. Invite customers to submit their favorite Irish recipes.
18. Daytona 500. Set up a special snack food display for these fast-paced fans.
19. President's Day.
20. Mardi Gras Day. Laissez les bons temps rouler by holding your own Cajun-inspired celebration complete with king cakes, jambalaya and crawfish.
21. Celebrate North Carolina Sweet Potato Month with a contest calling for sweet potato-inspired recipes from your customers.
22. Display cherry pie-making bakeware in honor of George Washington's Birthday.
23. Coffee Fest Chicago commences today.
24. Sample different Mexican cheeses and special meats in the Deli Department for Mexican Flag Day.
25. For National Clam Chowder Day, sample this hearty soup to warm up your customers.
26. Get to know your customers better with an in-store lifestyle poll.
27. Highlight new products you discovered at recent shows in your monthly newsletter.
28. In honor of National Chocolate Soufflé Day, hold a special cooking class for this decadent dessert.