« Home | Photo of the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding » | A Bread Pudding Elvis Would Have Loved » | The Chicago Tribune Cookbook » | Everyday Food from Martha Stewart » | California Sizzles...In More Ways Than One! » | Happy Day Before Preakness Blogging » | Music and Food...a Great Combo! » | A Cookie For Jon and The Daily Show Crew » | Williams-Sonoma - The Southwest » | Zingermans! » 

Thursday, May 26, 2005 

It's just too hot....

note to self: get air conditioning.

I'm melting. I'm not cooking...anything...I feel like I am in the oven myself. Glancing through cookbooks, flipping through pages trying to be inspired, and all I can manage to view are recipes for libations. Must be a sign.

PINK LEMONADE

Makes 1

2 tablespoons simple syrup or to taste (recipe follows)
3/4 oz. Absolut Kurant vodka
3/4 oz. Absolut Citron vodka
a splash Key Lime juice or regular fresh lime juice
a splash chilled Cranberry Juice
a splash chilled Sprite

In a chilled, tall glass filled with ice, stir together all ingredients.

Simple Syrup**
(makes about 2 cups)

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water

In a small saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring and boil until sugar is completely dissovled. Cool syrup.

**cooled syrup keeps, covered and chilled, 2 weeks.

That butterfly is so cool. Do they have bats, by chance? Also I revamped my links. Skippy's in but I can't really figure out how to make cookies work...mmmm, cookies.

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS