« Home | I'm thankful for.... » | I'm thankful for.... » | I'm thankful for.... » | I'm thankful for humour » | Whole Foods Santa Barbara opening in 2009! » | Dream Thanksgiving Meal » | One of "my tribe" is on Top Chef » | Fantasy Football for Foodies » | A Cranberry Staple...Thank you Ina Garten! » | Looking for a little gift » 

Friday, November 28, 2008 

Mark Your Calendars - Friday, December 5

Repeal Day - (Or "Cinco de Drinko" as some may call it.)
This year marks the 75th anniversary of the ratification of the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition.

So..get your drink on and party like it's 1933!


San Ysidro Ranch Blood Orange Margarita
Originally uploaded by santa barbarian.

BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA

I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
3 tablespoon granulated sugar
8 ounces premium tequila
7 ounces triple sec
1 Blood orange, sliced for garnish.

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Make a blood orange simple syrup by combining the sugar and blood orange juice in a small sauce pan; simmer over low heat until thick and syrupy. Allow to cool.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. To prepare a drink, pour 6 ounces into a shaker filled with ice. Pour into margarita glass, garnish with a blood orange slice.

Serving glass: Margarita glass

Labels: ,

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS