« Home | Corporate Clueless Provides Souless Art "Festival" » | I'm going to India tonight! » | Yet another entry in the cookbook haul.... » | Taste TV..... » | UCSB...1981 » | Food Section Wednesday » | Commander's Palace » | Some delicious sites to check out.... » | More Delicious Bookbook Haul Musings... » | This is What I LOVE about Regional Cookbooks. » 

Sunday, October 15, 2006 

Mahalo to Hawaiian Food Blogs

Thinking of y'all today. Hope all is well.

Aloha Cookie Jill,

I posted something today on my food blog about our experience with this past Sunday's earthquake off the Big Island. Here's what I wrote:

Quik Note on the QUAKE…

We were in our condo in Waikiki when it hit. My girlfriend was up, getting ready for work and I was asleep. She immediately ran in the bedroom and woke me up, as she was pretty frightened. I awoke to the bed shifting side to side and a house plant doing the Hula. The first quake was certainly stronger, with a significant side-to-side movement of our building. Not jolting enough to topple or break anything though. Sort of like mild turbulence on an aircraft. Still, it was pretty scary. Every second felt like a minute. The second tremor was similar in sensation but weaker and shorter.

As soon as it ended, my next thought was TSUNAMI! Thank, thank, thank God (and madam Pele) we didn’t have one. Just 4″. Oooh… get the boogie board!
My girlfriend beat the soon-to-be-HOURS blackout and made it down the elevator in time to go to work. Yes, being a hotel employee, she had to work. Actually she faired better than I did by keeping busy. I was absolutely BORED out of my brains! No electricity meant NO TV and NO Internet.. ackkkk! To top it off, it was a muggy, rainy day. Just a dreadful, wasted Sunday.

My heart and prayers go out to those on the Big Island who suffered lost homes and property damage. Let’s hope madam Pele remains kind to us. Despite property damage, nobody was killed or seriously injured. She truly was kind.

Mahalo,
Pomai

Aloha Jill

I was very surprised to see my Sonia Tastes Hawaii blog listed under Hawaii blogs in your site. Mahalo!

I was directed here by a comment Pomai made in my blog

We fared well during our recent 'shaking experience' and you can read about it in my last entry.

Mahalo nui for thinking of us!

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS