« Home | THE NAME GAME! » | Happy Chef Blogging Friday! » | Guess Who's Turning 40! » | Finger Licking Good! » | Ina Garten's Famous Flag Cake » | Happy Chef Blogging Friday! » | It's just too hot.... » | Photo of the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding » | A Bread Pudding Elvis Would Have Loved » | The Chicago Tribune Cookbook » 

Sunday, June 05, 2005 

Today We Take Time Out to Remember Bobby


Posted by Hello Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
I thought I saw him walkin' up over the hill
With Abraham, Martin, and John - "Dion"

Robert Francis Kennedy was slain on june 5, 1968 in the kitchen at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California shortly after claiming victory in that state's crucial democratic primary. He was 42 years old.

He was a single man who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it

He may be gone...but his words and images live on.

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

Those very words have always inspired me in everything I do. Thank you, Bobby.

You know it takes a big event to penetrate an 8-year old's universe, but I remember when this happened.

For my birthday a few months later I got a toy guitar with a pickup that worked well as a regular microphone. The neighborhood boys kept repeating into it, "Is there a doctor in the house?"

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS