« Home | Parent company of Yogurtland gets sued » | Problem with Ballots » | Can't believe I hauled my carcass » | When Michael Pollan speaks..most people listen. » | Brian Malarkey...another Top Cheflebrity » | Got Faux Hawk and Tats? » | Gourmet Magazine » | It was Avocado Festival time for me » | Fabio Viviani signing my book » | Cookbook Lovers...get some shelf space ready » 

Sunday, October 11, 2009 

OK...I admit it....I miss the Alcapulco Restaurant


Alcapulco Restaurant
Originally uploaded by santa barbarian.

La Arcada is just lifeless without the hub-bub of tourists and happy hour goers enjoying a margarita...or two...or three. A wannabe highend nightclub serving up bad, greasy foo-foo food just didn't cut it. It just didn't match the comfortable surroundings with their perceived arrogance.

Isn't there someone out there who would be willing (and financially able) to put in an affordable, comfortable and accessible restaurant...hopefully not a chain...but, heck, something?

Labels: , ,

I have to say, I don't miss Acapulco. I ate there 3 times with my spouse when we first moved to SB, and each time we remembered when the food came "wait, this is the place that sucks!"

Great blog, by the way. Especially the updates on the Top Chef visitors...

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS