« Home | Fabio Viviani signing my book » | Cookbook Lovers...get some shelf space ready » | Congrats, Fabio! » | Planned Parenthood's Book Sale - The last day » | Not the news we want to hear » | The Burger Bus » | Schools Slow to get Food Recall Notification » | Santa Barbara Eat Local Challenge » | Sad to See No More Big Dogs » | Berkeley Foodie Idealism meets Big Box Store » 

Sunday, October 04, 2009 

It was Avocado Festival time for me


Nabal Avocados for sale
Originally uploaded by santa barbarian.

and I spent a couple hours wandering around, partaking of the goodness of the green.

One thing I noticed, Cold Stone Creamery was dishing out the avocado ice cream and not McConnell's. I have to say, I liked McConnell's better.

$2.50 is a bit pricey for an avocado. I balk when they are over a dollar each. Oh for the days of Hawaii and my two avocado trees...I couldn't give them away!

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS