« Home | Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez! » | It's "Super Bowl" Day... » | Flickr Photo Friday » | Simply delicious..... » | Kristin over at Dine and Dish had a great idea » | Oh..NOOOOO...Say it ain't soooooo! » | Have you ordered up an Edible Community yet? » | Flickr Photo Friday » | Bag Monster » | I don't know if I'm brave enough » 

Sunday, February 10, 2008 

Thank you Chuck Williams

for remembering New Orleans and it's rich, delicious culinary culture. I stopped in at the local store and the table displays and the new catalogue showcase and highlight the history of food that the Big Easy has given to our culture.

They've even highlighted Dooky Chase's "Red Beans and Rice" recipe.
"I went to Dooky Chase
To get me something to eat
The waitress looked at me and said
Ray you sure look beat,
Now its early in the morning
And I ain't got nothing but the blues

—Ray Charles, "Early in the Morning Blues"

Thank you for remembering. I was beginning to believe that no one wanted to.

Labels: , ,

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS