« Home | Update on Bob » | Lorenzo's Got an itch » | Creampuffs in Venice » | When someone asks... » | The Zaca Wildfire jumped the lines » | "Hay Hair" » | "Nobody Doesn't Like...Sara Lee" » | Lorenzo - The Curious Peruvian Paso » | Are you a Big Cheese with Macaroni & Cheese? » | Tap Water » 

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 

Loved my little "holiday" in Cambria

Ventured up to San Simeon to see Hearst Castle. I knew they had zebra wandering around (no, really) I didn't know that their cattle were grass fed and "sustainable."
Welcome to the Hearst Ranch Store. Since 1865, the Hearst family has raised cattle on the rich sustainable native grasslands of the Central California coast. Hearst Cattle are grass-fed and grass-finished and humanely raised. Our animals are not given growth hormones or antibiotics, ever. The result is beef with extraordinary flavor that’s as memorable and natural as the surrounding landscape. - Hearst Ranch.
Guess I know where I'm going to buy my tri-tip, now. Wish I could only pick it up by hand everytime.


Hearst Castle
Originally uploaded by bnm_1972.

Labels: , ,

I had no idea that Hearst Castle had a ranch store.

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS