Cooking With Ideas
Just as those who are organizing the Hunger Strike offer various ways to be involved, there are many ways to support the "virtual fast." You might do so by:
1) Joining the strike by refraining from blogging for the period that long term hunger strikers do so.
2) "Fasting" on July 4th (the starting date) with those who do so.
3) "Fasting" on a different day or other time period and announcing your intention to do so and why.
4) Organizing a "rolling fast" with bloggers you know-- so that some or all of us refrain from blogging on different dates.
5) Doing what we can to ensure that we publicize the literal -- and our virtual --fast. The Code Pink site has useful information --including directions on how to fast safely.
Of course, for those of us who choose to fast literally, posting on that topic (on a day when you are not figuratively fasting!) would be great as well. Be sure to include a tag in your post -- we suggest "virtual hunger strike." And let Laura and Code Pink know that you're joining us.