« Home | Words of Wisdom from My Favorite President » | Is a certain downtown restaurant » | Honey Laundering.... » | Get ready to shell out more greenbacks » | It's not good » | Happy Robert Burns Day.... » | Stonewall Kitchens Recall of Products » | More Buck for Chuck » | Chef on Chef Scandal » | Hold the Guacamole » 

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 

Bad + Good = BooRah

The new company restaurants are turning to for tracking reviews.
The negative online review came in a week after Doug Washington opened his third restaurant, Anchor & Hope in San Francisco. He felt it was malicious and made no sense. So a fired-up Washington tracked down the reviewer at his office nearby and confronted him.

The red-faced diner, surrounded by curious colleagues, apologized. But since then, Washington says, "I've put down my guns. If you try to fight all these reviews, you're asking to be Sisyphus."

Restaurateur Chris Hemmeter, founder and CEO of the E&O Trading Co., has another approach to the ranks of self-appointed restaurant critics: Follow everything that's written every day.

To do this, he has enlisted the help of a Mountain View company called BooRah, which today will launch a new "reputation management" service for restaurant owners. The 2-year-old firm, which started as a restaurant search site, is expanding to create summaries of everything that's being written about a particular dining establishment. It uses technology developed in-house to analyze the sentiments in online reviews and then generate scores, rankings and summaries. - SFGate

Well, since they are tracking...my dinner at Farallon (450 Post Street) the other night was fantastic. I had pigged out at the Fancy Food Trade show and spoiled my appetite, but I didn't want to cancel. They didn't look down at their noses at me for ordering an appetizer as dinner. The Lobster over risotto with a roasted cauliflower soup amuse bouche was simply devine. The ginger ice cream and ginger cookie dessert was a delight. The ambience was amazing as always. The entire staff was extrememly attentive, friendly and helpful. My waiter was absolutely fantastic. I was reminded why every time I am in the city I make reservations there.

Labels: ,

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS