Gap Fire: $1 Million Dollars a Day
Originally uploaded by lengwa55. That's what it is costing California to fight the Gap Fire, alone.
- $6.2 million cost, approximately, thus far.
- Type 1 "Incident"
- 16 helicopters.
- 15 air tankers with 6 air tankers on order.
- 1,200 personnel.
- 9,400 acres burned.
- 28% contained.
- No guess as to containment date.
- 2 or 3 injuries, only.
- No homes destroyed, yet, although some sheds and out buildings have been burned.
- 3300 structures threatened.
- HUMAN CAUSED. Starting point is around Lizard's Mouth off of West Camino Cielo.