« Home | When you go shopping for ingredients... » | Fresh Baked from the Postal Service.... » | Happy Chef Blogging Friday! » | First There Was Citizen Cake.... » | Food Section Wednesday » | You ready for Halloween? » | Running a taste test » | Sorry haven't posted.... » | Forget the Stock Exchange.... » | Fun With Fondant » 

Monday, October 24, 2005 

I'm an Apprentice "Sucker"

Martha Stewart Halloween has some great ideas for spooky entertaining and trick or treating. (It is getting near that time, you know....) From recipes to makeup tricks, she and her "Omnimedia" crew have certainly gathered up quite a collection to share.

Oh, and, "The Donald"...I hear that you're picking on Martha saying that her "Apprentice Show" is bringing down the ratings of yours. I will disagree, my dear. I'm quite addicted to both shows and I have to say the contestants on your show aren't of the same calibur or "likeability" of past seasons. I have talked with others who feel the same. So, don't point your finger at "M Diddy" or you'll have to deal with me!



Martha's Halloween Lollipops
Makes 10

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
10 drops orange food coloring
8 drops pure orange oil
10 lollipop sticks


Assorted candies, for decorating

1. Line three baking sheets with Silpats (nonstick baking mats), or grease them generously with vegetable oil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan, and place over medium-high heat. Stir continuously to dissolve sugar. When the syrup comes to a boil, stop stirring and clip on a candy thermometer. Continue to cook, without stirring, until the mixture turns golden and reaches 300° to 310° (hard-crack stage) on the thermometer, 5 to 7 minutes. Occasionally wash the sides of the pan using a clean brush dipped in cold water to prevent crystals from forming.


2. Remove the pot from the heat. Transfer the syrup to a 2-cup heatproof measuring cup. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, stir in the food coloring and orange oil until completely combined.

3. Working quickly, pour ten 3-inch circles of syrup onto prepared baking sheets. Press in lollipop sticks. With your fingertips or a toothpick, lightly press candies into the syrup. Set aside until completely cooled and hardened.

I got "suckered" in last season, about halfway through, I told my wife, "Do not let me start watching this next season, because then I will be forced to watch every episode."

I missed Martha's version, luckily my wife watches the stupid Model show, a good time for me to get some blogging done!

Post a Comment

MY INGREDIENTS

  • I'm SantaBarbarian
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
Recipe of Me

Click for Santa Barbara, California Forecast


Local Food and Local Farms

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from santa barbarian tagged with Food. Make your own badge here.
Help end world hunger

LOCAL LINKS