Thekla and Richard Sanford of Alma Rosa Winery are looking for a few good "Green", sustainable recipes and are having a little contest. OK chefs...time to get your "green" on....and win an incredible foodie opportunity of lunching with the Sanfords at the vineyard!
- Each variety of wine that Alma Rosa produces constitutes a category (Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir Vin Gris and Pinot Noir)
- One winner per category
- You can enter as many recipes for each category as you like
- Prepare a dish that pairs with any one of Alma Rosa's wines. Recipes should utilize sustainable products; including sustainable/organic produce, humanely-treated meats, and sustainably-caught or farmed seafood.
- Identify the purveyor of the ingredients you use, or the name of your local grocer or supplier(s) that supports sustainable, organic foods; and please note ingredients grown within a 100 mile radius of your home which will be given extra attention.
- Note into which category you are entering your recipe.
- Contest begins November 1st and will end January 31st
Recipes will be judged on taste and their compatibility with the selected wine, and the use and origins of the sustainable/organic ingredients.
Winning recipes will be posted on their website, and winners from each category and their guest will share a lunch together with Thekla and Richard.
Recipe entries can be sent by mail, fax (805-688-9001), or email or even dropped off in person if you are visiting the tasting room.
Labels: Alma Rosa, contests, Recipes, Santa Barbara, Wine